Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
David Evans David Evans is offline

Default If...Then... - combining fields

Did anyone ever respond to this? I have the same issue...

"zSplash" wrote in message
I want to do a If-Then-Else statement in mailmerge such that if a condition
is true, 3 mailmerge fields are added to the document; otherwise, a
text-field (or, a single field) is added. I have tried &( )+ between the 3
fields (to "connect" them). Is there anyway to do it? (I keep getting the
second of the 3 I want to combine and add as the "else" part, which makes
sense...).

{IF {MAILMERGE evnttype = "OTSC" {MAILMERGE "date"} {MAILMERGE "time"}
{MAILMERGE "room"} "unscheduled" } }

TIA

st.