Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
francine francine is offline

Default re-arranging in the TOC

I am in Outline View. What I want to do is rearrange my whole book (it's
still early in the making that's why I want to learn this at this point). So
I highlight a subhead and use the arrow to move it up or down in the TOC
(which it does). But when I go to the actual location in the document, the
subhead and its copy have not been moved. I am doing all this in Outline View.

What are your consulting fees if I'd like your regular hand-holding on this?
Thanks very much!
--
Francine

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

That is not the way that the Table of Contents works. Use the Outline View
for that sort of thing.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Francine" wrote in message
when i move a subhead in the TOC, the corresponding subhead does not move
in
my document. what am i doing wrong? grateful for answers,
--
Francine