Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default How do I add brackets to multiple words in a WORD document?

Specificity helps. Those are paragraphs you're bracketing, not words. Clear
the 'Use wildcards' checkbox, then --

Find: ^p
Replace: ]^p[

Then manually insert the [ in front of the very first paragraph.

"Big John" wrote in message
Thanks Jezebel, but I guess I need to be more specific. Let's say I have a
list like this (the specific words don't matter):

test
test one
test one two
test one two three
test one two three four
test one two three four five
test

and I want the list to look like this:

[test]
[test one]
[test one two]
[test one two three]
[test one two three four]
[test one two three four five]
[test]

How do I do this? Keep in mind that I have a list of over 300 phrases
ranging from 1 to 5 words in length. Your help is greatly appreciated.

"Jezebel" wrote:

With 'Use wildcards' checked --

Find: (*)
Replace: (\1)

"Big John" Big wrote in message
How do I add brackets to multiple words in a WORD document? For
example,
if I
have 300 words in a WORD 2000 document & I want to enclose all of them
in
brackets, how do I do this?