Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Page Numbering stops towards middle of document!!!

The contents of headers and footers are stored in Word sections; what you
are seeing indicates that there is a section break somewhere in the middle
of the document, and that footers (or headers, depending on where your page
numbers reside) have been unlinked.

Activate the header/footer area, for example, by double-clicking the header
in Print Layout view. Then add the page number to the section(s) where it is
missing.

To add the page number, use the Page Number button on the Header and Footer
toolbar (Word 2003), or use Page Number | Current Position, found on the
Header & Footer Tools Design tab (Word 2007).

For more on page numbers, headers, and footers, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...rontMatter.htm,
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/pagenumbering.htm, and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Alyson" wrote in message
HELP!
I am desperately trying to get my entire word document numbered from page
one to the very end. Just simple numbers on the bottom right. I've done
this,
but for some reason the page numbering stops in the middle of the document
and doesn't continue. As I've fiddled around I know have my document so
that
the numbers are as they should be in the first half of the document, and
then
the rest of the document has the same number until the end.

This is a document where I've done a lot of inserting and copying and
pasting, I'm not sure if this is what is messing it up????