Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Making multilevel lists when formatting is restricted

Attach each numbering level of the list style to a particular *paragraph
style*; then Permit the paragraph styles.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MiZo" wrote in message
Hi,

I tried to create a template for myself with the necessary styles, then
restricted formatting with the "Limit formatting to permitted styles"
checkbox in Manage Styles / Restricted. It works fine, with the styles I
can
format my document, except one thing: multilevel lists.

I created a New list style for the lists with all the settings about
bullet
types, indentation and tabs, etc. It works as supposed if formatting is
not
restrictred. But if formatting is restricted, I could not select it:
- It is a list style, so it could not be added to the Quick Stlyes.
- It does not appear in the Style Pane either, even if I select the All
Styles in the Style Pane options.
- I can only see it in Manage Styles, but there it cannot be selected.
Neither can I make it a recommended style there.

I tried also to create a paragraph style, and set numbering there to make
it
a list, but in this way only a single level of the list can be created.
Possibly I can create multiple styeles for each level of the list, but I
try
to avoid this workaround, it is quite cumbersome.

Any ideas how to create and use a style for a multilevel list when
formatting is set to restricted?

Thanks for the help,
Zoltan