Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JR Hester JR Hester is offline

Default Grouping shapes with pictures

Word„˘2007 on WinXP.

I constantly include screen captures in my documentation and annotate with
circles, boxes, arrows and so forth to clarify textual instructions. I too am
dismayed with teh failure of teh 2007 version to allow grouping of shapes
with pictures.

I have read the answers from jay Freedman and Beth Melon from back in 2007
and 2008. I was disappointed to find that I cannot paste a picture onto a
drawing canvas. Paste keeps inserting teh picture above the canvas.

Has anyone found a different work around within Word? Or is there some
setting I need to change to allow pasting pictures from the clipboard onto
the drawing canvas?
Thank you.