Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod macropod is offline

Default Page numbering -- leave a page blank NOT the first page

Hi Terri,

The easiest way is with Section breaks - simply unlink the Section that needs the page number suppressed from the Sections before
and after it, then delete the PAGE field.

Alternatively, if you've got a Table of Contents and you need the numbering to continue across the section breaks:
.. unlink the Section that needs the page number suppressed from the Sections before and after it
.. select the page-number field and press Shift-F9
.. add '\# ;;' to the field coding, thus {PAGE \# ;;}. This switch tells Word to keep but hide the output
.. press F9 to update.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Terri" wrote in message news
I have a long document and I need to intersperse pages should have no page
numbering, in other words, skip page numbering and then number on the next
page, making sure to count the page left blank. I know I can force this using
sections but that will be a problem when editing the document and the page
numbering changes. Is there a field code that will help with this?