If you set the language option
(Tools language) not to automatically detect the language you won't
experience unwarranted changes as you work.

Unless you open a document created in another flavor or, worse still, paste
in text formatted as English (US).

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Nonsense! The default language is that set for Windows. Individual

documents
can have any language formatting applied. If you set the language option
(Tools language) not to automatically detect the language you won't
experience unwarranted changes as you work.

Pudu wrote:
There does not appear to be an easy way of applying a UK dictionary
other than through custom dictionary. Setting to UK dictionary in
Tools still results in the Office Suite using English US as the
dictionary. This results in correct spellings (UK) being listed as
incorrect. Is there no easy way to available to install a UK
dictionary?

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.