Note, however, that the customer feedback options (which it's recommended
that you enable) will not cause Word to "phone home" on startup; this
feedback is collected and sent when you next go online.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote in message
In Word, click on Help to display the Help task pane, and click on
Online Content Settings | Online Content | uncheck the "Show content and
links from Microsoft Office Online" box. You can also choose to turn
off some/all of the options under "Customer Feedback Options" here.

RA RHU wrote:

Every time I launch Word 2003, Zone Alarm tells me that it is trying to
access the internet, specifically a DNS server on the local network.

Each
time this occurs, I deny the internet access and everything appears to

work
correctly.

Can anyone give me some insight as to what it might be trying to access

the
internet for and how I can stop this?

I am running WXP Pro SP2 and Office 2003 Pro with all available updates
installed on a Dell Inspiron 8600 notebook if that provides any clues.