Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default remove header fails

Hi grammatim,

Headers and footers are always present. The only thing that changes is whether Word gives an indication that one or more of them has
content. If you delete all the content, the header and footer paragraph marks that can be seen in Page Layout view will also
disappear.

--
Cheers
macropod

"grammatim" wrote in message ...
Once a Word document has a header, you can never get rid of it. You
can delete all the content from it, and minimize its margin settings
in Page Setup, but it'll always be there.

On Jul 27, 10:54 am, LittleRockZ
wrote:
The document originated in MS Word, updated with Google Open Office. I want
to change the header, but it is grayed out. Delete/remove header is the only
option on the screen. I would like to remove the header & footer and save
the document to use under MS Office 2000. I won't mind changing some HTML
codes