Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Default How can I hide comments from others without creating a new file?

No. If you only hide your comments and send the document that
way, then the recipient can unhide the comments if they so
desire, and comments are displayed automatically if the document
is opened in Word 2002 and 2003. If you don't want the recipient
to see your comments, then you should delete the comments, save
the "sans comments" version to a new filename, and send the "sans
comments" version.

Rtrudeau wrote:

I need to forward a document in which I made comments but I don't want them
to see those comments. Is there not an option whereby I can hide my comments
from others without having to create a new file?