Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RoS RoS is offline

Default margin sizing

Hi,

I'd just about reached that conclusion too. Interestingly, the file prints
perfectly on my office printer (and this might be the practical solution),
pointing to the HP930C as being the problem. More confusingly, the edge
which first emerges on the 930C has a 0.5cm visible margin; it's the
trailing edge, which cannot be affected by the need to draw the paper
through, which has the missing margin!

I've contacted HP's support dept to see if there's a work around.

Incidentally my Epson R800 prints beautiful marginless photographs on A4 -
not a glimmer of a margin anywhere. But the R800 costs an arm and a leg in
ink and is confined strictly to photo output!
Ros