Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default I am having difficulty with deleting headers and footers

"LHD" wrote in message
I routinely used WordPerfect before I retired, and have not had occasion to
write long documents since then. We have a relatively new Dell Dimension
that came with Microsoft Word. I was asked to write about a 50 page
document, which I started in Word Perfect, before I found that it was
never
saved in the correct format, due to some inexplicable interference with
Word.
So I copied to Word, to complete the document. However, in restoring a
deleted passage, Word duplicated about 5 times inserting it randomly in
the
body of my document and surrounded it with Header-Footer commands. How do
get rid of this? I have read the manual and Word for Dummies.and cannot
find any explanation? Makes me almost wish I weren't retired so I could
call
tech support and not have to deal with it..

I see no takers so far so as a newbie I'll try to help. There may be a
better and less time consuming method which the others will come up with but
meanwhile if I had this problem, I would load in the document, save it as a
text file. Close down. Start up again, load the text file, select all,
adjust font, size, margins paragraphs, save as a word file (doc). Wait and
see what other brighter people say first; else this may do.