Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mike carrington mike carrington is offline

Default Filesend to Mail Recipient (For Review)

OK, I'll give 'em a try. Thanks, Terry.

Mike

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
Mike

You may get a better response if you try the Windows Outlook Express NG.

Terry

"mike carrington" wrote in message
: So, what are my options? I'm using OE v. 6 and I think it's the most
: current version. I considered deleting it and reinstalling it but
wanted
: keep my address book and emails so tried to export them. The address
book
: transported fine but I got an error message when trying to export the
email
: files so won't run the risk of having them deleted by reinstalling OE 6.
:
: Got any ideas? Thanks for your help...
:
: Mike
:
:
: "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: ...
: Theoretically, Sent To will pick up the default email client. However,
: frequently see incompatibility problems when a different version of
Word
: than Outlook is used. I'm guessing that this is what is happening for
you.
:
: I know that there are strange happenings with compatibility. When I
: uninstalled Office 2003 and installed Office 2007, I lost the
English(UK)
: spelling in Outlook Express I use as the NG reader and I currently
have
: fight with English (US)!!!
:
: Terry
:
: "mike carrington" wrote in message
: ...
: : Thanks, Terry. But it's already selected in Internet Explorer. I
use
: : Firefox. Would that make some sort of difference?
: :
: : Mike
: :
: : "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: : ...
: : Open Internet Explorer and select Tools, Internet Options,
Programs
: tab
: : set the defaults. Also, if you have the Word Add-in installed
(part
of
: : Works
: : Suite), use Add/Remove programs to uninstall it as this too can
cause
: many
: : probelms.
: :
: : Terry
: :
: : "mike carrington" wrote in message
: : ...
: : : Thanks for the reply, Terry. I used to have Word 2002 from
: Microsoft
: : Works
: : : but now have the standalone version of 2003. I don't know how
: set
: : the
: : : default email client nor how to match it's version. How do I do
: that?
: : :
: : : Mike
: : :
: : :
: : : "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: : : ...
: : : Did this work in the previous version you had installed? If it
: did,
: I
: : : would
: : : guess that you have a version mismatch. What mail client are
you
: : using?
: : : Make
: : : sure that it is set as the default Email client and that its
: version
: : : matched
: : : Word2003.
: : :
: : : --
: : : Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: : : http://word.mvps.org/
: : :
: : : "mike carrington" wrote in message
: : : ...
: : : : When I am in my new Word 2003, and I want to email the
document
: I've
: : : been
: : : : working on, I go to FileSend To and the only option
available
: is
: : 'Mail
: : : : Recipient (For Review)' and that's greyed out.
: : : :
: : : : How can I un-grey it and have other mail options available,
like
: : just
: : : "Mail
: : : : Recipient"?