Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default How to prompt for ODBC Connection in mail merge using MS query

Hello,

Thanks for you input.

But my problem is this: I have a mailmerge in MS word then MS Query
that connects to an Oracle database.And it works fine and brings back
data to MS word and populates labels.

However, you have to use a userid an password in the mailmerge to
connect to the Oracle database. But in 3 months the users password for
Oracle will expire (have to be renewed) and
the document is totally useless.

Is there anyway to have MS word prompt for the ODBC or Oracle login and
password?

Thanks
Tom