Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ab

Default Bookmarking pages

Thanks once again - it seems a bit slow to have to insert a bookmark on
every page - especially if it's a long document. It would probably be
quicker to go through the finished document and type in the page numbers I
need! Still, I'm sure the method you suggest will come in handy on short
documents.

I really appreciate your help anyway.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I would suggest putting it somewhere on the page that you can be reasonably
sure will stay on the page (this could be in the middle of the page). If
there is a specific heading that is what you're really referring to, you
don't even have to insert a bookmark, as headings are bookmarked
automatically, and you can create a cross-reference to that heading.

Also, I was asleep at the switch when I suggested Insert | Reference |
PageRef (by which I think I meant Insert | Field | PageRef). Instead, use
Insert | Reference | Cross-reference, which will show your various
options,
all of which can generate a PageRef if you choose "Page number" for
"Insert
reference to."

so
all may benefit.

"ab" wrote in message
Sorry to bother you again, Suzanne, but I have just hit a snag. Where is

the
best place on the page to insert a bookmark? Do I have to insert a line
or
something before the first line on the page as there may be additions and
deletions of the first paragraph on the page.

TIA

"ab" wrote in message
Thanks, Suzanne - you are brilliant (as ever!)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Insert a bookmark on each page you want to reference. Then use a

PageRef
field (Insert | Reference | PageRef) referring to the appropriate
bookmark.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"ab" wrote in message
How can I 'bookmark' page numbers so that when I get to a summary

sheet
in
my document, I can have a page which says:

Carried forward from Page 1
Carried forward from Page 2
Carried forward from Page 3
Carried forward from Page 4 ....etc

I'm sure there must be an easy way, particular as the page numbers
may
change when the document is amended.

TIA