Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Is there a Special method to inserting fields?

The other thread was in the mailmerge field forum to which you crossposted!

Graham Mayor wrote:
Do you mean apart from using CTRL+F9 for the field boundaries {}?

In any case it is not going to work. You cannot compare dates like
that - and I seem to recall Macropod showing you how in another
thread; however life's too short to go looking for that thread on a
Sunday morning, so what you should have is presumably:

{IF{Mergefield "CSCS_Test_DateTime" \@ "yyyyMMdd"} {Date \@
"yyyyMMdd"} "{MERGEFIELD
"CSCS_Test_DateTime" \@ "ddd dd MM hh:mm"}" "{MERGEFIELD
"CSCS_Test_DateTime" \@ "dd MM"}"}

See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

JethroUK© wrote:
I have been experimenting with a mail merge field all night long and
have finally come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter what i put
e.g.
{IF{MERGEFIELD "CSCS_Test_DateTime"} {DATE} {MERGEFIELD
"CSCS_Test_DateTime" \@ "ddd dd MM hh:mm"}
{MERGEFIELD "CSCS_Test_DateTime" dd MM}

The machine just doesn't not like the way i am entering them

They just sit there like a string of mis-spelled text - I know that
when entering array formulas in XL you have to use CTRL + ENTER

Is there some secret handshake that i'm missing?