Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
gskywalkers

Default Having layout problems

Thanks Suzanne.....best I can get it to do is 1/4" white space top and bottom
but it could be thats as wide as the printer prints. I will just have to try
and do a work around some way. Thanks again for your help
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I just checked the Word 2002 Compatibility Options, and that item was
checked, so I assume that tables are automatically allowed to extend beyond
margins in all versions before Word 2003. Provided you don't have an exact
width set for the table, you should be able to drag it into the margins. But
setting the margins to 0" would be even easier (despite Word's squawking).

"gskywalkers" wrote in message
Hi Suzanne, I am using Word 2002 so what would I have to do to make this

work
for me?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What Bob says about the unprintable area is spot on, but note that it IS
possible to extend tables beyond the margins in most versions of Word.

There
is a Compatibility Option in Word 2003 that must be checked to allow

this,
but in some earlier versions it's allowed by default.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"CyberTaz" wrote in message
Word's tables can't extend beyond the margins of the page, and most
printers
have minimum margin requirements.

You can try setting your margin to 0", but you will most likely get a
message saying that the values are "outside the printable area of the
page"
- if so click the 'Ignore' button. Also, click in the table & go to
TableTable Properties & select the "Around" text wrapping option so

you
can
drag the table or use the Properties dialog to position as you wish.

Keep in mind, however, that there is *NO* guarantee that your printer

will
cooperate with this, but it is about the only way I know of. What you

are
asking to do is not intended to be done in a word processing program

or on
desktop printer.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/28/06 7:47 PM, in article
, "gskywalkers"
wrote:

I am trying to print out an 8-1/2 x 14 Book cover in Landscape view
using
Microsoft Word 2002. I have set up a 3 column, 3 row table and I'm
having
trouble trying to make the table extend the full 8-1/2 ". I keep
getting a
1/2" or so white border at the bottom. Is there any way to get rid

of
this
border? The site below shows the cover and the white border is
indicated by
the red arrow.

http://scottyswebs.com/bookcover/