Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rich Stone

Default Why does word start up with blank document in email view

Recently, when starting up MS Office Word 2003, the initial view of the blank
'Normal' document is of a square sheet (rather than an A4 sheet) with the
text starting at the immediate top, suggesting it's an email. If I choose to
view the header/footer, then go back to the main document area, the format is
corrected.

I have already turned off the option in MS Outlook to use MS Word as the
email editor and I have also tried to save the corrected document as the
normal template, but it still does this every time.

What have I missed?

Rich