Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Joshua

Default Can Mail Merge include a space at the beginning of a field?

I'm performing a Mail Merge that combines text stored in Excel into a Word
doc. Each field contains 255 characters (max for mail merge) and once in
Word, the fields are combined to create paragraphs.

Here's the problem. Some fields begin the a space. Mail Merge removes this
space. By removing the space, it causes the last word of the previous field
to combine with the first word of the field with the space.

How do I get Mail Merge to recognize and include a space at the beginning of
the field?