If nothing happens when you hit Alt+F9 (which toggles the display of fields
from field results to field codes and vice versa), then your link is not a
field, and therefore not a link.

"Laura" wrote in message
Cindy,
I don't know what you mean. If I select the excel worksheet object or put
my cursor next to it, & hit ALT+F9, nothing happens. Is a dialogue box
supposed to open? Or is there a way to have the "path" appear in text in

the
doc so that it can be edited directly? (Why can't I just select

"Links..."
like usual?!?!?)
Please help!

Thanks

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?TGF1cmE=?=,

I have a Word document that contains tables that are linked Excel

worksheets
(Windows XP 2002). Some sections of the document are form protected,

but the
sections in which the excel links are found are not (so that they can

be
manipulated). Unfortunately, when the doc is locked, if I right-click

on the
linked object and go to "Linked Worksheet Object", I can no longer

select
"Links..." The practical result of this is that there is no way to

change
the source document without re-pasting all of the tables, rather than

through
a dialogue box... is there?

Assuming these objects are formatted in-line with the text, you should

be able
to edit the LINK field code directly by pressing Alt+F9 to toggle it on

(and
then off).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland