Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hal Hal is offline

Default Help Suppressing a Footer

Suzanne -

Thank you. But I cannot get that to work. I copies and pasted exactly what
you wrote. I deleted the text between the quotation marks and inserted my
text. All I get is the whole IF filed printed out. What am I doing wrong?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can do this with an IF field. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/H...m#CleverTricks for the
general principle. You want the opposite result, so instead of

{ IF { PAGE } = { NUMPAGES } "Text you want to appear on the last page" }

you can use

{ IF { PAGE } { NUMPAGES } "Text you want to appear on all but the last
page" }

"Hal" wrote in message
I have a multi page document. It has two footers on each page. One is a
line
for one to initial; the second footer is the page number. On the last page
do not need the line for initials but I do need the page numbers.

How do I suppress one footer without supresing the page number?

The instructions I found for doing so were to insert a section break at
the
top of the last page and then delete the footer on the last page. But when
did so, it disappeared throughout the document.

What did I do wrong? How do I accomplish this?

Thanks.