Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default What happened to the padlock icon for my .dot template

Go to Office button Word Options Customize. Select the category of All
Commands. Select the Lock command, and click the Add button in the middle of
the dialog. Click OK.

The Lock icon will now appear on the Quick Access Toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Eric Jacobson wrote:
I previous upgraded to Word 2007 and cannot figure out how to open a
locked document so that I can make changes. HELLLLLLP Please!