Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ellen

Default vids:mjpg decompressor in word

Yes, the avi files play just fine in media player. What I am trying to do is
to insert the avi files into a word doc so I can distribute them in a
viewable form on a cd to my fellow travelers on a recent trip. That is when I
get the decompressor missing message. Any hints for that project?

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Can you play this avi file in Media Player? If not, you need to install the
correct codec for the format of the AVI file.

Ellen wrote:
I am trying to insert a video clip (.avi file) into word. when I
insert it (using "object") I get the message on the box that says:
"Vido not available, cannot find "vids.mjpg decompressor"
What is it that I am missing and where do I find it so I can put
video clips in a word document?
Thank you. Ellen