Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Highlighting specific words

I don't think AutoCorrect will really do what you're thinking about, but see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm

"jezzica85" wrote in message
Thanks John, but I can't seem to find this. Is it only in certain

versions
of Word? I have XP.

"John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macinto" wrote:

Hi Jezzica:

Yes, you can do this with AutoCorrect.

Study the topic "Create an AutoCorrect entry to store and automatically
insert text and graphics" in the Help.

You need to enter the words you want to search for in your AutoCorrect

list,
and replace them with the same word highlighted. Make sure you choose

the
"Formatted" options or the highlighting won't come in.

Forget macros for this task. You would need to be a seriously good
programmer to make a macro to do this. Ask Jezebel if s/he will send

you
one, because I have never seen a macro that could do this with

acceptable
performance :-)

Hope this helps

On 1/4/06 2:08 PM, in article
, "jezzica85"
wrote:

That would be perfect! I have no idea how to write or use macros,

though,
could you possibly direct me to one and give me pointers on how to use

it?
Thanks!

"Jezebel" wrote:

You can't do *anything* automatically while you type, other than

autocorrect
which isn't going to help you here.

You could write a macro that reads words from a file or table,

searches for
them in another document, and formats them in a special way. Would

that
help?

"jezzica85" wrote in message
Hi all, does anyone know, if you have a file of words you want to

keep
track
of, if there's a way to automatically highlight those words in

another
file,
or to put those words in a table in the other file, then

automatically
highlight them as they're typed or they already appear in the

document?
Thanks!

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread. Please do not

email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410