Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

Default Highlighting specific words

I have offered you a possible solution that so far you have choosen to
ignore. Provided you can define your list of 7000 words in a simple table
with the same 7000 words listed as both the find and replace word as then
the Add-in will do it in fairly short order.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

jezzica85 wrote:
I probably should have said this before (sheepish shrug) but I have
almost 7000 words to go through. Is there a way to do them with
AutoCorrect without needing to enter each one individually?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I don't think AutoCorrect will really do what you're thinking about,
but see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"jezzica85" wrote in message
Thanks John, but I can't seem to find this. Is it only in certain
versions of Word? I have XP.

"John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macinto" wrote:

Hi Jezzica:

Yes, you can do this with AutoCorrect.

Study the topic "Create an AutoCorrect entry to store and
automatically insert text and graphics" in the Help.

You need to enter the words you want to search for in your
AutoCorrect list, and replace them with the same word highlighted.
Make sure you choose the "Formatted" options or the highlighting
won't come in.

Forget macros for this task. You would need to be a seriously good
programmer to make a macro to do this. Ask Jezebel if s/he will
send you one, because I have never seen a macro that could do this
with acceptable performance :-)

Hope this helps

On 1/4/06 2:08 PM, in article
, "jezzica85"
wrote:

That would be perfect! I have no idea how to write or use
macros, though, could you possibly direct me to one and give me
pointers on how to use it? Thanks!

"Jezebel" wrote:

You can't do *anything* automatically while you type, other than
autocorrect which isn't going to help you here.

You could write a macro that reads words from a file or table,
searches for them in another document, and formats them in a
special way. Would that help?

"jezzica85" wrote in
message
Hi all, does anyone know, if you have a file of words you want
to keep track
of, if there's a way to automatically highlight those words in
another file,
or to put those words in a table in the other file, then
automatically highlight them as they're typed or they already
appear in the document? Thanks!

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread. Please do
not email me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical
Writer Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410