Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Default Mailmerge filter parameters duplicate themselves

Use an Access Query to do the filtering. It is much better to do the data
manipulation in a database than in a word processor.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Parish Pete" wrote in message
I use several mailmerge docs in Word 2007 which feed from Access 2007
databases.

Where I use filters to edit recipients I have found that if there is more
than filter parameter, the last parameter is duplicated up to 3 times.
The
resulting output is incorrect.

Even if I clear the filter and start again, the same thing happens. It is
not confined to any particular merge document or table.

In essence if I enter only 2 parameters, I get 5.

Any clues welcome