If you have Acrobat 7 installed, see the last section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

"c mateland" wrote in message
oups.com...
What should I do to fix this problem? My Normal.dot is not saving on
its own. The file exists where it should and creates the temporary
~$Normal.dot file upon start. I make changes to the Normal.dot such as
a new macro or toolbar or whatever then close Word, but the Normal.dot
remains unsaved. It even displays the same modification date before the
changes. Also, I opted for notification upon change to the Normal.dot
and upon closing Word after such changes, I get no alert (because it
didn't save?).

However, I can pop over to the VBE and see the Normal.dot as a project
and save it there after changes and everything saves fine.

But why is Word not saving this automatically and what can I do to fix
it?

WinXP
Word 2002 sp3
Temp files cleared