Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Default Utilising the borderless capabilities of my printer

Anne is quite right about this. It isn't typically stated by the
packaging/advertising, but 'borderless' normally applies to 5 x 7 or smaller
paper size. There are usually minimum margin settings for anything larger.

If you want to find out whatyour printer's minimum margin settings are, go
to Page Setup & set your margins for 0" all around, then click OK. A message
will appear telling you that 'one or more settings' are outside the printable
area. Once you acknowledge the message, take a look at the values that have
replaced the zeros. What you'll find is the info the printer mfr didn't tell
you, but the driver is telling Word.

BTW- Most of this information is usually in the printer documentation
_somewhere_, just cleverly hidden in a 'Note:', & never all in the same place.

Good Luck |:)

"Cben" wrote:

I want to use a letterhead with graphics right up to the edge of the paper.
My printer is capable of this but Word seems not to allow it.
I have tried Custom sizes of paper in the printer set-up and in Word but it
is very hit and miss.
Considering that I may need to share the template are there any elegant
solutions?

Thanks