Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Getting th £ character to display right up to the number in MMerge

Try

{ MERGEFIELD "Arrears" /#"£,0.00" }

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Pete Rooney" wrote in message
Good afternoon,
I am merging an Excel database containing numbers formatted to currency,
two
decimel places with comma separator.
When I merge this data, I use the following:

{MERGEFIELD "Arrears" /#"£#,##0.00" }

Howwever, whilst £1,234.00, is displayed correctly, £62" is displayed
"£ 62.00", "£123.45" is displayed "£ 123.45" etc. In other words, the £
character is frozen in place and the numbers shunt to the right depending
on
their size.
Is there any way to make sure that the £ is always immediately to the left
of the first numeric character?

Thanks in advance & have a good weekend

Pete