Sean

There is no printer installed on this computer at all. Though there is an HP
printer on another machine on the same network. Do I still need to remove the
printer and readd it on the network?

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

The ModName suggests a problem with your Hewlett Packard printer
driver. Try deleting and reinstalling your printer in Start |
Control Panel | Printers and Faxes.

Sean wrote:

Not sure if any of this information will help, its from the error dialog box.

AppName: winword.exe AppVer: 11.0.6568.0 AppStamp:42e178a5
ModName: hpzpm309.dll ModVer: 2.236.2.0 ModStamp:3f24dad6
fDebug: 0 Offset: 000354b3

"Sean" wrote:

No, I do not recall renaming the .dot file. Is there more specific
instructions on doing so?

I started word while holding down CTRL for safe mode, it still crashes.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

You say that you "checked the templates". Did you try renaming normal.dot?

Try starting Word in Safe Mode (hold down Ctrl when starting Word, and say
Yes to safe mode). Does the crash still occur? If so, then the next thing to
try would be Help - Detect and Repair. If the crash doesn't occur, then I'd
carefully go back over the
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm steps.

Note that uninstalling leaves lots of stuff in place, hence the need to see
if registry entries or templates are creating the problems.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Sean" wrote in message

I deleted the registry key, checked the templates, and messed around with
some of the other stuff. But still get the crash dialog box.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm .

Sean wrote:

I had word 2002 and it kept crashing after being open for about 30
seconds.
No matter what other applications i had running or alone. I finally got
tired
of it, uninstalled complete and reinstalled. It still did not fix the
problem.

I got my office 2003 out and after unstalling the old installed the
new. I
am still getting the same crash, but it only seems to appear with word.

I have all the latest updates so I know that is not it. Any
suggestions?