brunoo brunoo is offline
Junior Member

The DOCX file format is just a collection of XML based layout files and other files like images packaged into one using standard "zip" compression.
The Word document does not open in Word and only shows a generic error on my Win7 SP1 PC with Office 2003 plus the Office 2007-2010-2013 file format converter installed.
Here's the details of the web page error I get when I view the extracted "document.xml" in the "XML Editor" that is part of MS Office and opens it with color-coded tagging and properly indented lines within Internet Explorer.
Message: An invalid character was found inside an entity reference.
Line: 2
Char: 1584323
Code: 0
URI: file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Bill/My Documents/Downloads/Reflective-Journal-Submission-/word/document.xml
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
When I scroll to the end I see this where it is unable to display any mo
An invalid character was found inside an entity reference. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Bil...
w:b/w:bCs/w:sz w:val="52"/w:szCs w:val="52"//w:rPrw:tab//w:rw:r ...