Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Track changes with multiple authors

If you select a specific color, then all markup will be that color. Only if
you select By Author will you see different colors, and you cannot choose
which color is used for which author. They will vary on different machines,
so don't assume that because your markup is red on your machine it will be
red on anyone else's. And no one else will see different colors unless they
also have By Author selected; what you see is based entirely on the settings
on your own machine, not what settings were in effect when the markup was
created.

http://word.mvps.org

"detobias" wrote in message
I did another test, in Tools, Options, I selected red for my deletions and
insertions. The second author did the same as green. When she did it on
her
Mac it came out green with my red. When I got it via email all was red.
We
haven't sent it to 3rd author yet. I need to figure this out as we are
beginniing a book and i am the main editor for us 3! Please help!

"grammatim" wrote:

When you get it back from Author3, are only the colors the same, or
has the author identification (Username) also been leveled? If that's
what happened, then probably Computer 3 is set to remove author infor
from tracked changes (and apparently it can't be recovered).

On Jun 11, 1:56 pm, detobias
wrote:
I am Word 2003 and my co authors are Mac (3 authors in total). Track
changes
is not working. When I track, changes come out in red. Second author
came
out in blue. When third author commented, all changes were in green
which
makes editing very hard.
What can we do to solve this at the BEGINNING of our project?
I went into tools options and see you can set colors. Is that what we
each
need to do (different colors). Is there anything about the PC/Mac
issue?
Thanks!