Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default How can I stop default language changing automatically

See:

Get control of language formatting in Word
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

Pay special attention to the final section on fixes for existing
documents.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Comunican" wrote in message
Hello again, Cindy - no, I'm afraid that doesn't work - I have had

that
setting off for some tim e. I guess I'll just have to live with it as

part of
the consequence of being an Englishman using a PC bought in Spain!
Thanks again for your help...

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?Q29tdW5pY2Fu?=,

Word 2003
I have Windows Vista running with English UK set as my default

language under
Microsoft Office Language Settings and Spanish as my secondary

language.
I have set my default language and Word template both to UK

English and yet
when i start typing, the default language changes to Spanish...

does anyone
known how I can stop this happening please?

In Tools/Language/Set language look at the "Detect language

automatically"
setting. Is it on? If yes, turn it off and see if that helps.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 17

2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow

question or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)