Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Barbara P Barbara P is offline

Default Creating a Mailmerge document WITHOUT a data source

Thank you!! I did think of that after I posted but thought there was probably
some other way. Thanks so much.

"Barbara P" wrote:

This seems really simple but I can't figure out what I'm missing. I want to
create a mail merge document that can be used by our adminitrative team to
send out acknowledgements. Tehy will get an excel list of names once a week.
I want to jsut create the word doc with the fields (date, greeting, etc.)
embedded so they can just open and then run the mail merge.

I am starting with a blank doc, clicking on mailings, start mail merge,
letters. I then expected the commands under Write & Insert Fields would be
available, but they are greyed out.

What am I doing wrong??