joymp

OK, I took another look and I see where the names are under the long line.
Now I have another problem. I see that it mixed in the e-mail addresses
(which were indented) alphabetically. I was able to accomplish this in
WordPerfect and it only alphabetized the names, not the indented e-mail
addresses; it left them under each respective name. I'd like to have the
list in both Word & WordPerfect so I can share it with those who only have
Word.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Scroll down a ways to see the names. When you sort a list containing
blank lines and non-blank lines, all of the blank lines will end up
together at the beginning of the document (sort order = nothing before
something).

Joy wrote:

I answered this in the newsgroup. I tried that and still got the same black
line with the names having disappeared. BTW, each name was on a separate
line with its e-mail address indented under it; then a line space before the
next name.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

The Sort command happens to be under the Table menu, but your names
don't have to be in a table. Each name should be on a separate line
though. Select the list of names, and click on Table | Sort.

joy wrote:

IWhen I look in Help within MS Word (2003) it says How to sort a list or
table, and then it only tells how to sort in a table. This is just one long
list of names and I want to alphabetize the list. I don't want them in a
table. If I try to put them in a table and sort from there I get a long
black vertical line and the names disappear. Can anyone help? TIA.