Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

Default New word document, cursor in wrong place

Tools Options View (tab)

Check "White space between pages" in the Print and Web Layout Options
section.

You can turn this off (or on) with an errant mouse click on your screen but
it is easier to turn off that way than it is to turn it back on. If you go
to the gray area between pages with your pointer, it will turn into a couple
of white blocks, one over the other. The tool tip is "Hide white space" or
"Show white space." See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"SamA" wrote in message
When I open a new Word document the cursor is at 0.0" instead of at 0.5"
(where I have the default setting for headers).

When I do a View - Headers and Footers and then close the view the cursor
is in the correct place, 0.5".

I have not made any changes to normal.dot, at least as far as I know.

How can I get the cursor back to 0.5" without going through the addition
step of opening the Headers and Footers drop down?

thanks