Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default why can't I drag and drop text?

In general, you can drag text only into areas where there is already text;
you can't drag it outside the margins or beyond the end-of-document marker.

"GMc" wrote in message
Your initial post is a couple of months old, but I am suddenly having the
same problem - not able to drag/drop text. In fact, the "no" symbol

(circle
with slash through it) appears as soon as I try to drag. Suzanne, to

answer
your ?s, yes, the Drag-and-drop text editing option is selected. And no,

am not trying to drag a field; just plain old text.

FWIW, I'm able to drag-drop in Powerpoint and Outlook, and in this browser
field.

I am using Word 2003, SP2 on Windows XP Professional 5.1, SP2.

Thanks anyone for any help. I like to use drag/drop frequently!

--
GMc
Phoenix

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have "Drag-and-drop text editing" checked on the Edit tab of

Tools |
Options? Is the text the result of a field (such as IncludeText)?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"obslady" wrote in message
All of a sudden, whenever I try to drag and drop text in a Word 2003

document,
a line appears under the text and it won't move. I don't know what

I've
done
to cause this - anyone have any ideas?