Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jons73 jons73 is offline

Default why can't I drag and drop text?

Today my drag-and-drop problem disappeared. I don't know what might have
caused this, but I will try this trick if it comes back. Thanks for finding
this solution.

Jon

"GMc" wrote:

I found a solution! Jons73 and anyone else w/the drag-drop problem (or other
settings problems), try this: Close any open Word files (do not quit Word).
From the Help menu, choose Detect and Repair. This is supposed to fix
problems in Word, and it did fix the drag-drop prob. for me. For more info on
fixing problems, see Knowledge Base article 822005, "How to reset user
options and registry settings in Microsoft Office Word..."

Yea-a-a-a!

--
GMc
Phoenix