Daiya Mitchell

Important: What OS and version of Word are you using?

You cannot prevent Word from creating all the temp files that it is coded to
create, and attempting to prevent their creation is likely to have very bad
effects.

On 7/13/05 9:47 AM, "Lisa" wrote:

What is really odd is that there is no file extension on the Word Work Files?
"Always create a back up copy" is already unchecked.

gap" wrote:

Is the file extension .wbk. If yes, it is a word back up file. Under
Tools/Options/Save you have "Always create back up copy" checked. See the
Microsoft Articles "Save a Back up Copy of a document" and "Open a Back up
copy of a document" in Microsoft Word Help. Search for Word Backup Files.
Hope this helps.

gap

"Lisa" wrote:

I called the "duplicate copy" a Word Work File because that is the name that
is given to it in the folder that also saves the updated word document. I
am
assuming that it is a temporary file, but it isn't actiing as such because
it
is still there after I close word and after the network has had days to
refresh itself.

"Anne Troy" wrote:

What is a Word Work file? Are you talking about a temporary file? Is it
still there after you close Word and the network has had a few minutes to
refresh itself?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Lisa" wrote in message
After making changes to a document and then saving the document (File
Save)
to a folder that is on a network, a Word Work file is created. The Word
Work
file does not automatically disappear after I quit Word. When I go back
the folder on the network to access the saved document, the document is
there
and so is the Word Work file. Is there a way to make sure that the Word
Work
files are not created when saving documents?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/