Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default How do I put each page into a new document in Word 2003?

Use the following macro

Sub splitter()

'

' splitter Macro

' Macro created 16-08-98 by Doug Robbins to save each page of a document

' as a separate file with the name Page#.DOC

'

Dim Counter As Long, Source As Document, Target As Document

Set Source = ActiveDocument

Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory

Pages = Source.BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropertyPages)

Counter = 0

While Counter Pages

Counter = Counter + 1

DocName = "Page" & Format(Counter)

Source.Bookmarks("\Page").Range.Cut

Set Target = Documents.Add

Target.Range.Paste

Target.SaveAs FileName:=DocName

Target.Close

Wend

End Sub

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"dee" wrote in message
I just want to make a new document out of each page. So at the end I will
have n number of documents where there were n number of pages in my
original
document, with each document having one page. I looked up how to do this
and
I tried the thumbnail view method but it didn't work, at least not in Word
2003.

If anyone could give advice that would be great.
Thanks