Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default why do we use print preview modes?

OK, this is possible if you are editing the document in Print Preview, as
explained by Terry Farrell elsewhere in this thread.

But are you saying that you get the nonprinting marks automatically--that
all you have to do is switch to Print Preview to see them? I have to switch
to Print Preview, click to turn off the "Magnifier" option (Word 2007) and
then turn on nonprinting marks. The setting isn't saved with the document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe wrote in message
W2007. And I don't recall seeing them before today either. But I just
tried it in W2003 (different computer), and, after I added the standard
toolbar and clicked the pilcrow, there they are.

Pam

Stefan Blom wrote:
Which version of Word are you using? Using Windows versions only (Word 97,
2000, 2003, and now 2007), I have certainly never seen nonprinting marks
in
Print Preview. (Well, one exception might be the shading applied to form
fields.)

They look exactly the same, pilcrows, centered dots for spaces, greyed
fields,

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]

i can't find the answer here.