ykchanaed

Default numbering in table

but then how about the next column?
In this case, I have to number this new column again but with the starting
number set as the next of the previous column.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Works fine for me. Select the cells in the column, then apply numbering.

"ykchanaed" wrote in message
in previous versions of Word, numbering inside table can be chosed row by
row
, or column by column.
In 2003, this function can not be found. Numbering can only be sideway,
ie.
1st in top one, then 2nd in the next right cell, and so on.
I want to chose numbering downwards first,ie. next downward cell in the
same
column till the end, then the next column.
can anyone help, thanks?