Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Editing spell-check lexicon

What version of Word and Outlook are you using? Are you using mixed
versions? For example Word 2003 and Outlook 2007?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"msnews.microsoft.com" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne.

I do use the spellchecker for emails. In fact it's a great pity that Word
can't invoke this automatically when a document is closed in the same way
Outlook does when a message is sent. It's saved me so many mistakes it's
difficult to see why this isn't on by default or, indeed, why anybody
would want to disable it.

What you've suggested is a fair explanation of why it doesn't work, but I
can't help but think that such behaviour is by design. Much more likely
that it's been overlooked and remains broken because most people just put
up with it and haven't bothered to complain. Is there anything I can do
to get that might help to highlight the problem and get a fix scheduled
for some attention?

JF.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
It would appear that perhaps they share the same lexicon (and perhaps
Custom.dic) but not the exclusion dictionary? I don't use the spell
checker
in emails, so I wouldn't know.

so
all may benefit.

"msnews.microsoft.com" wrote in message
I just noticed that this only appears to work on the Word spellchecker
as

an
email I just sent had the 'fro' mistake in it.

I thought all Office products shared the spellchecker?

How can I achieve that same thing for spellchecking in Outlook?

JF.

"msnews.microsoft.com" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne.

That's just what I wanted. I did this on a previous installation and
it
didn't work (probably did something wrong), but this time it's spot
on!

JF.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Ex...ordFromDic.htm

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"msnews.microsoft.com" wrote in message
How do I edit the spell-check lexicon to exclude certain words from

the
spell-check?

The reason for this is that certain errors are not flagged as errors
because
the mis-spelled word is a valid word that's included in the lexicon

and
isn't flagged as an error. An example of this is the word 'for'
which

often mis-type as 'fro'. Because 'fro' is a valid word it isn't

flagged
as
a mistake. However it's a word I'd rarely use, if ever and it would

be
much
better if I could remove this from the lexicon so my mistyping of
the
word
'for' would show as a mistake.

JF.