Dixie

I read all that Doug and I must admit that I don't see how it relates to my
problem. I am happy with my automation code, but just need to be able to
build many templates for my automated letters which receive the instruction
for where their merge data file is located from the automation code itself
and not have it inserted in the mailmerge template. This way, it doesn't
matter which directory the data text file is sent to, the mailmerge will
still find it.

dixie

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
It certainly is. Take a look at the information on fellow MVP Albert
Kallal's website at

http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKal...rge/index.html

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Dixie" wrote in message
I just need to know at this stage if this is possible. Can I automate
Word 2000 mailmerge from Access 2000 such that the automation code has the
location of the merge data in it and the mailmerge letter does not itself
need to know where to look for its merge data? I know you can tell it
where the data is in the automation code in Access, but I don't seeem to
be able to build a mailmerge Word template that doesn't have a destination
for the data to merge.