Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default How do I stop Word from creating copies of deleted files?

Word makes temporary working files in the User Temp folder, the Document
folder and the templates folder(s) which are removed when Word is closed.
See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

Andy Dunning wrote:
I'm using Word 2000 under XP. Word or XP continues to make .tmp
copies of my files. When I try to clean out the My Documents folder,
the system makes a copy of the file I delete. Why is this, and how do
I stop it so that the My Documents file is not filled with copies of
files I don't need in the first place?
Thanks!