Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dean L Dean L is offline

Default How do I stop the cursor from blinking in Word 2007?

First, Office 2007 does not honor the windows settings for cursor blink rate.
But that's besides the point, because the don't-blink-while-typing behavior
of the cursor is apparently an Office issue.

To experience the perpetual blink, create a new Word document or compose a
new Outlook email and just press and hold the spacebar to make an entire line
of spaces across the screen. As spaces are made across your screen, notice
how the cursor continues to blink, appearing and disappearing on its own.

Try the same thing in any other program... notepad, internet explorer, any
windows dialog box, even when typing a reply to this message. The cursor
stays solid while you're typing and doesn't resume blinking until you stop.
That's the way the cursor should behave, and why the Office 2007 team decided
to do it differently doesn't make any sense.

I heard this cursor blink behavior also exists in 2010.

What is so fundamentally different about the Office cursor?

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

The way the cursor blinks when typing in Word 2007 is different from the way
it blinks in Word 2003. As far as I know there isn't anything you can do
about the behaviour, although, as others have said, changing Windows
settings may help you.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Ramie in SC" Ramie in wrote in message
news
How do I stop the cursor from blinking in Word 2007?

.