Curious of Barnet

Thanks, but ...

Doesn't solve the problem; I was already doing that.

The problem occurs on the network of the school I work in but not at home.
At school it only happens with a date that has the day = 12. If the day
12 in the original Access file, it does not happen.

"Dawn" wrote:

When you are in Word, right click on the date filed and select edit field.
Click on Field codes, and where you MERGEFIELD Date(or whatever you named the
field) type
\@ dd/MM/yyyy

You need to use capital "M", this way Word knows you mean months instead of
minutes.

Hope this helps.

"Curious of Barnet" wrote:

I have an Access Database which contains a date field, formatted as a UK
date, i.e. dd/mm/yy hh:mm. When I use the Word mailmerge facility to pull in
information about an overdue book loan the date is read by word as being in
US format, i.e. mm/dd/yy hh:mm, so that 5th November 2003 is printed in the
mailmerge as 11th May 2003. How do I make Mailmerge read the date correctly?