Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Aurora

Default Mergeing with 2003

I am new to word 2003

When I pull up the data to a merge file, it comes up out of order. I
clicked on the name field and put the data in Alph order by name. That did
not hold once I saved the data and closed the file. The next time I open
this same data - it was not in alpha order so under the name field I went
into "advance" and choose the sort option for name and in asending order. I
did not pick any other sort option. This did not hold again when I went out
of the file and re-opened the file again. I have never had a problem with
merging files in previous versions of Word. What am I missing with this
version????

Aurora