Shana

Default Mail merge drops zip codes and replaces with zero

Using Mail Merge, I am attempting to make lables in Word with an Excel file
as the data source. I have been using mailmerge for years in other versions
of Office, but have recently acquired Office 2002.

Word appears to be reading the source list incorrectly. At the point in
mail merge process where I select the recipient list, a dialogue box pops up
with a version of the recipient list. (At that point I can select or
deselect records, etc.) In the zip code column, some of the records have
been replaced with a single zero. In the original excel file, the there are
no blank fields.

It seems that the records that are affected were added or edited after i
used the excel file for a merge. I then added some records and created a new
merged document because the first hadn't worked properly. I noticed that
some zip codes were missing and i thought it was a problem with the source
file so I created a new file using the same data. it didn't help.

I have read through the postings on the subject and tried the suggestions
but I'm still having the same problem.

I hope someone can help!